Find us in Guildford
Mediation is a way to find a solution for disputing parties, this could regard disputes within either; couples, family, the community or even commercially.
Mediation is a calm and personal way for people to sit down with a fully qualified mediator to discuss any issues that they may have, it prevents;
– arguments escalation
– one person not having a say
Mediation works for a variety of people including;
– business associates
– community members
The Principles Of Mediation:
Mediation prides itself on being a very caring and confidential process that can help feuding parties resolve their issues, or at least achieve a compromise before the matter has to go to court.
Benefits Of Mediation Compared To A Solicitor Or Going To Court:
Mediation has many benefits which mean that it is a more productive form of settling disagreements compared to court, the advantages include;
– cheaper that legal proceedings
– A lot less aggravation and stress
– Totally confidential
Find out more about the family mediation process
Since April 2014, the law has changed to enforce a requirement for couples to seek mediation before applying to the court. This means that if you are in dispute with your partner over a financial or custody matter in your separation you have to prove to the court that you have tried mediation as a first resort.
Couples are therefore now required to attend a MIAM – a mediation information and assessment meeting – to explore options. At this meeting, you discuss with a mediator the way that mediation works and how it can help you with your settlement. You will look together at your potential options and the cost of mediation. You may be entitled to benefit from Legal Aid and a free mediation service depending on your circumstances.
Why choose Barclay Devere?
1. We are dedicated, professional and highly qualified.
2. We have years of experience in resolving disputes.
3. Our service is caring and confidential.
4. We operate seven days a week in locations to suit you.” button_text=”Contact Us” button_link=”url:%2Fcontact%2F|title:Contact%20Today|” banner_size=”320″ button_color=”#dd9933″ button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_border_width=”3″ title_color=”#ffffff” desc_color=”#ffffff” ib3_background=”#555feb” el_class=”cg-featured-box-style-2″]
Sometimes no matter what you do, it’s never enough. In such a scenario, splitting up is the best option but there are too many common assets that get tied up during that whole time. BarclayDeVere offered great solutions for our disputes and divided our assets in a manner which was agreeable to both me and my wife. Really thankful for their services.